Today at National Council For Adoption today we are disappointed, but we are not without hope. We are heartbroken at the news that Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed into law a ban on intercountry adoption between Russia and the United States.
Although we are disappointed with this outcome in Russia we will continue to believe in Champions for Children. We believe Russian and American leaders and citizens can use their voices to change this disappointing outcome. We hope that Russian and American leaders will realize that children should not be caught in the middle of international politics and advocate for change that will end the ban on Russian adoptions to the United States.
At NCFA, we work from a strong, simple belief. Every child deserves a family. We’re willing to work hard to help find ways to safely and appropriately bring children to the families they desperately need. It’s simple, but it’s not easy work. We need your help. We need your voice. We need your support. We can’t do it alone. Together though, as Champions for Children, we believe there is hope.
Be a Champion for Children in one of these ways:
- SHARE. Knowledge is power and the more minds that understand and voices that speak out, the more positive change we can have for children.
Please tell your networks about this disappointing ban on adoption between Russia and the United States and about the many other concerns faced daily by many children outside of family care around the world. Follow NCFA’s website, blog, Facebook, and Twitter to stay updated and please help us be Champions for Children by spreading the word.
Like us on Facebook >> | Follow us on Twitter >>
- ADVOCATE. Use your voice to ask for change.
- Contact President Obama. Ask him to contact President Putin and reconsider for the sake of the many children waiting in Russian Orphanages
- Contact Congress. You have two Senators and a Representative in Congress who want to hear your voice. Find contact information for your Members of Congress by visiting www.contactingthecongress.org are and ask them to advocate for change on behalf of adoption from Russia.
- GIVE. NCFA works hard daily to be a voice of hope for children without families. Your donations make our work possible. Give now to support our simple, strong belief that every child deserves a family. We promise to use your resources wisely to give hope and a voice to children who desperately need families.
Category Get Involved