If the weather in your area has been anything like the weather here in D.C. this summer, then it has been raining A LOT! With the kids out of school for the summer, we have some ideas about what to do on those rainy days so that the kids are occupied and you make some great memories. Here are a few ideas for some rainy day fun.
- Make Oobleck: This sticky substance was made famous by the Dr. Seuss book Bartholomew and the Oobleck. It is very simple to make—all you need is corn starch and food coloring. It is definitely messy, but it can easily be washed away with water. The kids will love this one!
- Craft: There are so many crafts out there! When in doubt, a visit to Pinterest always helps. Some ideas include:
- Play games. Board games or card games are always great options. Trash (yes, that is the name of a game!) is a fun card game for kids.
- Make a doorway puppet theater
- Conduct a science experiment by making bouncy balls
- Or, every parent’s favorite, “Let’s pretend we are in a clean-up contest!” (Okay, so your kids might not be this gullible ☺)
Don’t let a rainy day make you crazy! There are lots of things that you can do to keep your children entertained and make fun memories. We hope that this list has given you some ideas about where to start.