By the Professionals, for the Professionals
NCFA’s Foreign Supervised Provider Training, is a first of its kind, 1.5 hour online course that educates and equips foreign supervised providers for best practices that adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
A trusted voice in the adoption community since 1980, National Council For Adoption provides education, advocacy, and awareness resources to professionals, adoptive parents, lawmakers, regulatory bodies, foreign delegations, and public constituencies across the U.S.
As part of accreditation and ongoing monitoring for regulatory compliance, U.S. intercountry adoption service providers are expected to demonstrate their adherence to training and supervisory requirements of providers with whom they contract for adoption services overseas. This training course helps ASPs meet relevant compliance standards.
- The Hague Convention
- Determination and role of FSP
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Contracts & Agreements
- Application of governing laws in real world scenarios
Training Options & Pricing
Option 1: Individual
NCFA member rate: $20 | Non-member rate: $30
Option 2: Group
NCFA member rate: $85 | Non-member rate: $125
Both courses are available for a period of 90 days following registration and payment.
Contact Amy Wolfe to receive the NCFA member discount code.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this course mobile friendly?
A: Yes! The learning portal is mobile friendly, and it is available through a mobile app! To use the app, register for an account in the learning portal first using the link below. Then, enter “adoptioncouncil” in the domain field when you open the app, and login with your account information.
Q: I am an ASP. What’s the best way to enroll my FSP in this course?
A: You have a couple of options, but it's important to note that the name on the course certificate is tied to the name on the account.
- The FSP can register themselves for an account in our learning portal, enroll in and pay for the FSP course, and then send you the certificate of completion when they have finished the course. - OR -
- You can register the FSP for an account (using their name, their email and a pw) in our learning portal, enroll them in the course and pay for it, and then provide them with the login information so they can complete the course. If you both have the login information you will both have access to this account and be able to download a copy of the certificate of completion for this course.
Q: I paid for the course but didn't get a receipt. What should I do?
A: First check your email junk folder. If you still don't have it, we can resend a copy to you. Contact Amy Wolfe.