NCFA offers an excellent opportunity for students to join us as we help children find loving, permanent families through adoption. NCFA interns are eligible to obtain school credit, when applicable. Please note, however, that these positions are not compensated.
As an intern, you have the choice of working in one or more of our departments, including (but not limited to):
- General Administration
- Training and Adoption Agency Services
- Communications and Events
- Government Relations and Public Policy
- Research and Publications
- Social Work
Our staff is passionately committed to the belief that every child deserves a nurturing, permanent family, and we ask nothing less from our interns. Students with an interest in adoption, non-profits or charitable organizations, social work, fundraising, communications or policy are preferred.
We accept internship applications year-round. Please direct all inquiries about our internship program to Erin Bayles at email@example.com or (703) 299-6633.
We are now accepting internship applications! Here is some information you should know before you apply:
- NCFA's office is in Alexandria, VA
- Our office is open 9am-5:30pm Monday through Friday, and we work with you to find a schedule that works for you.
- Part-time and full-time opportunities are available
- At this time, internships are unpaid
- NCFA is not an adoption agency, and, with the possible exception of special events or projects, your internship will not include regular face-to-face interactions with adoptive families or children. Please read about our mission and work before applying!
Late applications will not be considered.
- Summer internship applications are due March 31st
- Fall internship applications are due August 1st
- Spring internship applications are due November 30th